Do you have what it takes to be a union steward?
Interested in becoming a union steward? Union stewards are a valuable resource for all bargaining unit employees. Stewards are called upon to perform a variety of functions. They are the go-to people for employees in our worksites. The duties of a steward include, but are not limited to:
- Sign up employees as members of MSEA-SEIU and our political action program known as PASER, Political Action by Service Employees and Retirees;
- Assist in mobilizing members around worksite, contract and legislative issues;
- Participate in new employee orientations;
- Attend disciplinary meetings;
- Investigate and process grievances through at least Step 3;
- Communicate with the chief steward and/or field representative information related to all worksite problems;
- Be available and approachable to employees to answer questions concerning their contract and other employment-related matters;
- Maintain communication between MSEA-SEIU members and elected leaders;
- Assist in the bargaining process by, at least, bargaining committee participation.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, please contact your District Representative or your chief steward for more information. You also can contact MSEA-SEIU directly by calling 1-800-452-8794 ext. 1921 or 622-3151 ext. 1921.Or you can print out one of the forms below, get the signatures and send it to MSEA-SEIU headquarters.
Adobe Acrobat is needed to view and print these forms. To get a FREE copy of Adobe Acrobat please click Get Adobe Acrobat