MSEA-SEIU Local 1989 members mourn the death of fellow union member and Maine Turnpike Authority worker Jeff Abbott
MSEA-SEIU Local 1989 members mourn the death of fellow union member and Maine Turnpike Authority worker Jeff Abbott. A member our Maine Turnpike Authority Chapter and a highway maintenance worker, Jeff was struck and killed Friday, Jan. 20, while working at Exit 48, according to authorities.
“Like all workers, Jeff Abbott went to work with every expectation that he would be home for dinner at the end of the day. His death is a tragic reminder of the dangers our members experience every day as they serve the people of Maine,” said Ramona Welton, president of MSEA-SEIU Local 1989. “We are devastated. We grieve with Jeff’s family, friends and coworkers.”
Area II Retirees Chapter meetings in 2017
Below is the Area II Retirees meeting schedule for 2017. Unless otherwise noted, chapter meetings start at 10 a.m. and are held in the Board Room of MSEA-SEIU headquarters, 65 State St., Augusta:
- April 3: We usually have a small breakfast planned to start at 9 a.m.
- May 1:
- June 5:
- September 2017 to be determined.
- Oct. 2:
- Nov. 6:
- Dec. 4: We usually have our holiday lunch and gift swap.
Attention MSEA-SEIU Members!
We rely on you to keep us apprised of any changes to your status, your position and your contact information. Accordingly, please contact MSEA-SEIU Systems/Database Administrator Lynn Warner at 622-3151 ext. 1131 or firstname.lastname@example.org to update us whenever the following information changes:
- YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION: Please let us know of any changes to your mailing address, your home or work email address, or your home, cell or work phone numbers.
- YOUR POSITION: Please let us know of any changes to the number of hours you are regularly scheduled to work each week, your work location, or your position, including changes through promotion, demotion, transfer or reclassification.
- YOUR SEASONAL PAYROLL STATUS: If you are a permanent seasonal employee, please contact us to let us know when you go on or off payroll. Under our Constitution and Bylaws, permanent seasonal employees may maintain active member status while off payroll by paying dues at the retiree rate. This allows seasonal employees to continue to serve as chapter officers and delegates, to participate as delegates in our Annual Meeting, and to vote in contract ratification votes even while off-payroll. As of January 2017, the retiree dues rate is $5.05 per month. If you go off payroll, Lynn can help you make the payment arrangements necessary to maintain your active member status.
Thank you for your attention. It is your responsibility to provide us with accurate and up-to-date information. Failure to do so could affect your ability to participate in union matters, as well as your rights under your contract, Constitution and Bylaws.